According to Mission Australia’s latest Youth Mental Health report, one in four young people are at risk of serious mental health conditions. In the linked article, Dr Aliza Werner-Seidler, Senior Research Fellow and Clinical Psychologist at the Black Dog Institute, responds to common questions asked about depression in adolescents and young people.
- What does depression in adolescents and young people look like?
- How do I know if someone is depressed?
- What is early intervention and why it is important?
- What are the best ways to get help if I am concerned my child is showing signs of depression?
- As a parent, is there anything in particular that I can do to help my child?
- Should I be worried if my child is diagnosed with depression?
- Which e-mental health programs would you recommend for young people experiencing depression?
Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash